I’ve always been captivated by gardens, their small jungles of flowers, insects, unfurling greens and rich soils. For me, composting is a great way to recycle my food waste, learn more about how things break down, and get my hands dirty making something special for my garden.
I run hands-on composting workshops for groups of people all around Adelaide.
Past workshops I’ve done include:
- An Educator Workshop at the Adelaide Botanic Gardens Little Sprouts Kitchen Garden. This 1.5 hour workshop was for teachers – so they could take what they learnt back to all the different wonderful schools they work at.
- WOMADelaide 2016 Planet Talks Composting Workshop; this went for an hour and I was lucky enough to be on stage with Deb Tribe from ABC Radio as my co-presenter in front of 100+ people. Here’s what I wrote about the amazing experience!
- WOMADelaide 2017 Zero Waste Life Hacks, courtesy of the wonderful Adelaide Sustainability Centre; I ran 3 short 20 minute ‘taster’ workshops on composting basics and some tips and tricks for people.
- Dig a Little Deeper into Compost workshop at The Joinery; This was a super long 2.5 hour session that got deep into the nitty gritty of compost.
- Common Thread Session for the City of Marion; 1.2 hours for approximately 30 keen and lovely people (see their comments below).
- One Planet Market workshop at the Payneham Community centre; it was a beautiful day so we held it outside – this meant I could get creative with a few extra compost ingredients!
- Circle of Compost workshop for the 2017 Gawler Sustainable Living Festival; it was a fantastic day with so much for people to see and do.
What different workshops do I offer?
Feedback & Recommendations
I always get people hanging back after a workshop to chat and tell me how much they enjoyed either newly learning about composting, or how it helped them to get a better handle on their current approach to composting.
But the City of Marion went one further and collected actual feedback from the people at their Common Thread session. Here are some of the comments:
“We loved Georgia’s simple enthusiasm for composting.”
“Informative, detailed, practical and a great demonstrator.”
“Very practical – very enjoyable presentation.”
“I liked all of the examples Georgia brought and the demonstration making.”
“I liked the presenter’s style, the practical aspects and the troubleshooting tips.”
“I’m going to change the way I do things.”
“I’m going to build better compost – more layers.”
“I’m going to buy a compost bin and start composting.”
“I’m going to keep composting and not give up as it will get there eventually.”
Interested in having a composting workshop? Use the contact form below to get in touch!
Free to use: Compost Resources
Some past workshop photos 🙂
– Georgia the Urban Ag. Scientist
Registered ABN: 45 767 528 752